Выкл. снег
Welcome To Our Blog!!!

пятница, 5 мая 2017 г.

Exam. Types Of Houses

Types of Houses 

1.Let’s talk about the house you live in. Tell me about the house/flat you live in.
2.Do you like the place where you live?
I quite agree with the proverb «East or West home is best». There are some basic types of houses: detached houses, semi-detached, terraced houses and flats. The most popular type of home in Britain is semi-detached, but in Belarus most people live in flats.
In my view, a man's home is the reflection of his personality. Houses and flats reflect the way of life and habits of their owners.
I'm sure to live comfortably means to live in the relaxing friendly atmos­phere, not in luxury in a detached house.
My flat reflects characters and tastes of my family. I'm proud to say that my home is the place where everybody understands, respects and loves me.
We have a nice flat in a new block of flats. Our flat is on the fourth floor. It has all modern conveniences: central heating, gas, electricity, cold and hot running water, a lift and a chute to carry rubbish down. There are three rooms, a kitchen, a bathroom and a hall in our flat. The living-room is the largest and most comfortable room in the flat. Our flat has a good layout. All the rooms are separate. The flat is nicely furnished. All our rooms look stylish and attractive. We try to keep our flat clean.
My room is my heaven. Everything in it is dear to me. It gives me the at­mosphere of independence and privacy. It’s really wonderful to have a room for yourself. My room is not large but very cozy. There isn’t much furniture in it, only the most necessary. It has a writing-table and an armchair before it. In the right-hand corner there is a bookcase full of books, magazines and newspapers. A small table with a tape-recorder is standing in the left-hand comer. Near it there is a sofa with some cushions.
Frankly speaking, I'm not keen on tidying up. But every Saturday I do the room: I vacuum it, mop the floor and arrange books in their usual order. I think my room is a cozy place for a teenager.
In my opinion, the study is the best room in our flat. But the warmest place in our flat is the kitchen, I think that is the place where the whole family gathers every evening not only to have supper together, but also to speak and rest. I like the English proverb: “My home is my castle” because my flat is, indeed, my castle.

3.What questions will you ask your friend about his/her flat or house?
1)   Do you like the place where you are living? Why or why not?
2)  How many rooms are there in your house?
3)  Which room do you spend the most time in?
4)  Can you describe each room of your house?
5)  What changes would you like to make to your home?

4.Does the place where a person lives reflect his/her character?
In my view, a man's home is the reflection of his personality. Houses and flats reflect the ways of life and habits of their owners. Every person tries to furnish his house according to his taste. For example, optimists prefer warm colours while pessimists are fond of cold ones. Romantic people like fireplaces, flowers, romantic souvenirs and pictures. Fans have a lot of posters of their idols.

5.They say that living in the country is better than living in a city. Do you agree?
I can say, living in the country is not bad. You breathe fresh air. You feel safer than in a big city. You can enjoy the beauty of nature. You can rest from the noise of a big city. Moreover, country houses are spacious and comfortable. They also have their history and character. They are charming, homey and full of memories. In the country, however, the life may be dull and quite, and you may only have a few neighbours. Living alone with few activities can easily cause mental-diseases. Some may argue that the pollution in cities makes people sick. However, with automobiles and modern Highways we can easily take a break to expose to fresh air in the countryside and sunshine on the beach.

References:
Your English Exam Support: Подготовка к экзамену по английскому языку: пособие для учащихся учреждений общего среднего образования / [сост. Н.А. Сергиенко]. – Мозырь: Белый Ветер, 2015. – 97, [3] с.
• ESL Conversation Questions - Home

• The Telegraph - Where you live 'reflects how grumpy you are', study claims

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий